1. Which of the following Microsoft Access 2010 components can pose security risks in an untrusted database?
- Action queries (queries that insert, delete, or change data)
- VBA code
2. Which of the following are reserved for use by SharePoint and is not supported on the Web?
3. For what reason(s) can a digital signature or certificate be regarded as invalid?
- The publisher is not a trusted publisher.
- The digital signature has expired.
- The certificate was not issued by a certified authority.
- All of the above.
4. Suppose you want to apply a calculated field on a TextBox control to concatenate the values of the firstName and lastName fields, with a space between them.Which of the following expressions will you enter in the Expression Builder?
- [firstName] +” “+[lastName]
- [firstName] +” #”+[lastName]
- [firstName] &” “& [lastName]
- [firstName] &”,”& [lastName]
5. What is the purpose of Option Explicit?
- It is a database object.
- Requires variable declarations.
- It contains all of the data access pages that are currently open in a Microsoft Access project.
- It contains all open standard modules and class modules in a Microsoft Access database.
6. Which of the following is not done when you compact a database?
- Table records and objects are restructured and then stored in successive memory blocks.
- Databases linked to the compacted database are compacted and repaired.
- Table records are restored into their primary key order, if a primary key exists in the table.
- The physical size of the database is reduced by making an exact duplicate of the database.
7. How can you tell if a report has no records to display or print in Microsoft Access 2010?
- By using the report’s Error event.
- By using the report’s ApplyFilter event.
- By using the report’s NoData event.
- By using the report’s Filter event.
8. How do you start a Microsoft Access application so that the user can’t see or use the Navigation Pane (or database container)?
- Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and press CTRL+F11 special keys.
- Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and press ALT+F1 special keys.
- Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and turn off special keys to prevent F11.
- Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and press CTRL+G special keys.
9. What is the advantage of a Class Module versus a Standard Module?
- Encapsulation, Inheritance
- Data Abstraction
10. How can you share common objects between multiple projects in Microsoft Access 2010?
- By customizing tabs.
- By creating Data Macros.
- By using a Web Browser Control.
- By creating Application Parts.
11. Consider the following tables:
PopularityRating (the Popularity of the book on a scale of 1 to 10)
Language(such as French, English, German etc)
What is the query to determine which German books (if any) are more popular than all the French books?
- Select bookname from books where language=’German’ and popularityrating =(Select popularityrating from books where language=’French’)
- Select bookname from books where language=’German’ and popularityrating > (Select popularityrating from books where language=’French’)
- Select bookname from books where language=’French’ and popularityrating > (Select max(popularityrating) from books where language=’German’)
- Select bookname from books where language=’German’ and popularityrating > (Select max(popularityrating) from books where language=’French’)
12. Which of the following is NOT possible when you link to an Excel worksheet from within Access?
- You can append data to an existing table.
- You can create a database containing multiple linked tables.
- You can edit the Excel spreadsheet by making changes in to the linked table.
- By creating a linked table any changes that are made to the data in Excel are automatically reflected in the linked table.
13. What could be the problem when an error message “#Error” is received in a query?
- The query is joining fields that have different data types.
- A field’s alias conflicts with a component of the expression for that field.
- The object or the database is damaged.
- The denominator of a calculated field is zero.
14. How do you create a report for a Crosstab Query if certain column values are missing?
- Set the Value field in the Crosstab.
- Set the Column Heading field in the Crosstab.
- Set the Pivot list in the Crosstab.
- Set the report’s Crosstab property to True
15. Suppose you have a table named Cars with fields that store the name, year, price, and condition of used cars that you are considering for purchase. Also suppose that the table has become large and that you frequently include the Year field in queries. You can create an index on the Year field so that your queries return results more quickly. Which syntax will you use to achieve this?
- CREATE INDEX YearIndex ON Cars (Year)
- CREATE Year INDEX ON Cars (Year)
- CREATE INDEX ON Cars (Year)
- Both b and c
16. Which of the following is true about a.accde file in Microsoft Access 2010?
- It contains compiled VBA code to prevent users from viewing the code.
- It can be saved as a.accdb file in order to make design changes.
- It allows users to import forms and reports from other databases.
- It allows users to view, but not modify VBA code.
17. Suppose you want to use data from two tables in a query: tblCustomer and tblOrder. The two tables both have a field, CustomerID, that identifies a customer. Each record in the tblCustomer table may have one or more corresponding records in the tblOrder table, and the corresponding values can be determined by values in the CustomerID field. You now want to join the tables so that the query combines the records from the tables, excluding records from either table if there is no corresponding record in the other table. Which of the following FROM clauses will you use?
- FROM [tblCustomer] LEFT JOIN [tblOrder] ON [tblCustomer].[CustomerID]=[tblOrder].[CustomerID]
- FROM [tblCustomer] RIGHT JOIN [tblOrder] ON [tblCustomer].[CustomerID]=[tblOrder].[CustomerID]
- FROM [tblCustomer] INNER JOIN [tblOrder] ON [tblCustomer].[CustomerID]=[tblOrder].[CustomerID]
- FROM [tblCustomer], [tblOrder]
18. If you want to encrypt a database by using a password, then the database must be opened in ________ mode.
- Open Exclusive
- Open Exclusive Read-Only
- Open Read-Only
- Open Password-Enabled
19. Using which of the following Microsoft Access 2010 database file formats, can we use the Package and Sign tool?
20. When you run the Compatibility Checker in Microsoft Access 2010, in which of the following scenarios can you get the error- Access was unable to convert the query for use on the Web because it relies on an ORDER BY clause that is not supported on the Web?
- Name of an order by element is not valid.
- Name of source table is not valid.
- Sort order is set to an option other than ascending or descending.
- The expression is not valid.
- All of the above
21. Using the Package and Sign tool, how many databases can you add to a package that you want to distribute to other users in Microsoft Access?
22. Microsoft Access uses indexes in a table to find data. Which of the following field types cannot be indexed?
- OLE Object
23. Which of the following is the correct way to enter the beginning or ending characters of the fields named (UnitPrice and CompanyName) in the AutoIndex onImport/Create field to create an Auto Index ?
24. In a report with grouping, how can you display the count of records in each group?
- Add a text box to the group’s footer section and set its control source to =Count(*).
- Set the report’s Group Count property to True.
- Add a label to the group’s header section and set the Caption property to Count Rows.
- Add a Summary control to the report’s footer section.
25. What is the purpose of the Application Parts option in Microsoft Access 2010?
- It enables you to reduce coding errors and easily incorporate more complex logic to create robust applications.
- It integrates your Access reports using multiple data connections and information linked or imported from other sources.
- It integrates your Access data with live web content.
- It turns portions of your database into reusable templates.
26. Which one of the following correctly selects rows from the students table that have null in column1?
- Select * from students where column1 is null
- Select * from students where column1 = null
- Select * from students where column1 EQUALS null
- Select * from students where column1 NOT null
- Select * from students where column1 CONTAINS null
27. Which of the following is true of the Ribbon interface?
- Ribbons can be dragged and dropped to be on the side or the bottom of the screen.
- Ribbons can be minimized or collapsed.
- Ribbons can be replaced with command bars.
- New ribbons can be created using the Office Ribbon Generator.
28. What is the function of the icon marked as A (see image) when you are creating Macros in Microsoft Access 2010?
- Move up
- Move Down
29. What is the function of the ‘Single Step’ in Macros as shown in the image?
- This command is saves expressions one at a time.
- This command executes an action one at a time.
- This command saves all queries in a single step.
- This command saves all reports in a single step.
30. Password protected databases offer:
- Only one password with full rights.
- Different user rights for different logins/passwords.
- Integrated security with Active Directory.
- Integrated security with Windows Logins.
31. What will happen when you click on the icon marked as A (see image)?
- Data Mode pop up will be opened.
- Print Preview of the expression that was typed in the text box of Repeat Expression will be displayed.
- Expression Builder will pop up.
- None of the above
32. A company has the following departments:
Marketing, Designing, Production, Packing
What will be the result of the following query?
Select department from table where department < ‘Marketing’
- The query will return “Designing, Packing”
- The query will return “Designing, Production”
- The query will return “Production, Packing”
- The query will return “Designing”
33. Microsoft Access 2010 does not support more than ____________ fields in a table.
34. Choose the appropriate query for the Products table where data should be displayed primarily in ascending order of the ProductGroup column. Secondary sorting should be in the descending order of the CurrentStock column.
- Select * from Products order by CurrentStock, ProductGroup.
- Select * from Products order by CurrentStock DESC, ProductGroup.
- Select * from Products order by ProductGroup, CurrentStock.
- Select * from Products order by ProductGroup, CurrentStock DESC.
- None of the above.
35. Which of the following is incorrect about the Quick Access Toolbar?
- You can move the Quick Access Toolbar from its default location.
- Toolbar can be minimized or collapsed.
- You cannot display the Quick Access Toolbar on multiple lines.
- You cannot increase the size of the buttons representing the commands by an option in Microsoft Office.
36. Which textbox property in Microsoft Access 2010 determines that the text box is bound, unbound or calculated?
37. A query that uses the BETWEEN operator for two numbers is identical to:
- >= and <=
- > and <
- >= and <
- > and <=
38. Which of the given text field properties should you set in order to force a user to enter a date value specifically in MM-DD-YYYY format?
- Validation Rule
- Input Mask
- Default Value
1,900 total views, 5 views today