1. A Colpitt’s oscillator uses _____.
- a tapped inductor
- a tapped capacitor
- no tapped inductor or capacitor
- both a tapped inductor and a tapped capacitor
2. A Wien-bridge oscillator is basically a _____.
- pulse generator
- sine-wave generator
- square-wave generator
- triangular wave generator
3. A voltage V=300cos100t is applied to a half wave rectifier with RL =5KΩ. The rectifier may be represented by an ideal diode in series with a resistance of 1KΩ. What would be the ripple factor in this case?
4. A bridge rectifier circuit has secondary voltage of 12Vr.m.s. Assume secondary resistance and diode forward resistance to be negligible. The load resistance is 100Ω. What would be the peak load current?
- 0.169 Amp
- 0.108 Amp
- 0.118 Amp
- 11.8 Amp
5. A half wave rectifier supplies power to 1000Ω load from a 110V (r.m.s) source of supply. If the forward resistance of the diode is 20Ω. What would be the efficiency of the rectifier?
6. After triggering an SCR , the gate pulse is removed. the current in the SCR will _____.
- remain the same
- immediately fall to zero
- rise a little and fall to zero
7. A feedback amplifier has an internal gain = 40dB and a feedback factor = 0.05, if the input impedance of this circuit is 12KΩ. What would have been the input impedance of the amplifier if the feedback had not been present?
8. An amplifier has a gain of 10 without feedback. To make it oscillate, ß must be _____.
9. For designing a Push-Pull amplifier, the type of transistors should be _____.
- one should be p-n-p and the other should be n-p-n
- Both should be either p-n-p or n-p-n
- both should be n-p-n only
- All of the above
10. A crystal oscillator provides very stable frequency because of _____.
- the high stability of the crystal
- the rigid crystal structure
- the low XL/R ratio of the crystal
- the high Q of the crystal
11. A transistor is a semiconductor switch which is _____.
- unilateral and astable
- bilateral and astable
- unilateral and bistable
- bilateral and bistable
12. An Emitter follower is used for _____.
- high current gain
- high voltage gain
- impedance matching
- high power gain
13. An amplifier has a bandwidth of 200KHz and a voltage gain of 100. What will be the new bandwidth if 5% negative feedback is introduced?
14. A differentiator converts a linear ramp into a _____.
- triangular wave
- square wave
- sinusoidal wave
- constant D.C signal
1,632 total views, 1 views today