1. If you verify your site for Google Webmaster Tools at http://www.yoursite.com/blogs/, you can not see errors with URLs for ______.
2. Which of the following should be used to permanently remove the cached version of your page from Google search results?
- no follow tag.
- meta noarchive tag.
- meta archive tag.
3. Increasing the Googlebot crawl rate for your website ______
- will increase the number of Googlebot requests per second.
- has no effect on how often Googlebot crawls your site.
- will reduce the number of Googlebot requests per second.
- is not possible.
4. The following question is based on the above diagram.
Clicking on the test python online link will ______.
- take you to the top search queries page.
- a Google search page showing search results for the query test python online.
- show the position in search results for the query test python online.
- show you the percentage of search queries contributed by the query.
5. If you want your users to visit http://www.yourwebsite.com instead of http://yourwebsite.com, you should ______
- use the URL removal tool.
- use Webmaster Tools to set your preferred domain.
- display a message on http://yourwebsite.com about the new address.
6. Removing www.yourwebsite.com using the URL removal tool will also remove http://yourwebsite.com from Google’s index.
7. Specialized Google Sitemap formats:
- are not specific to Google and can be used by other search engines as well.
- are specific to Google and are not used by other search engines.
- are specific to Google and Yahoo.
8. Webmaster Tools does not show:
- who is linking to your website and how.
- which pages on your website get the most links.
- which keyword searches drive the most traffic to your website.
- which webpages of your site are generating the least revenue.
9. If the Webmaster Tools data shows missing Titles in the pages of your website, ______.
- no action is required on your part.
- the missing titles must be replaced as soon as possible.
- you must submit a new sitemap at the earliest convenience.
- you must submit a new robots.txt file for the pages with the missing page titles.
10. The crawl errors shown in Google webmaster tools do not include:
- not followed
- not found
- restricted by robots.txt
- images without alt text
11. Which of the following stats about Googlebot crawl activity are not shown in Google webmaster tools?
- Pages crawled per day
- Kilobytes downloaded per day
- Time spent downloading a page
- Custom reports
12. Files in the URLs that are protected by authentication:
- can not be retrieved by Google.
- can be retrieved by Google but can not be cached by it.
- can be indexed by Google.
13. Registering the misspellings of a well known website as a domain for your website ______.
- is acceptable
- is considered a misleading practice
14. If you submit a News sitemap for your website, Google News will:
- use normal crawl methods to search and index your news site.
- blacklist your website.
- give preference to your website in search results.
15. In case you feel the expected keywords are missing from the Google webmasters keywords page, you should:
- contact your website hosting service.
- change the meta content of your pages.
- intensify the Google AdWords campaigns for the keywords.
- review the Crawl Errors page for your site and take corrective action, if required.
16. A Sitemap file can contain no more than ______.
- 5,000 URLs.
- 5,000 characters.
- 50,000 URLs.
- 50,000 characters.
17. Enabling your web server to support the “If-Modified-Since” HTTP header:
- is not possible.
- reduces the crawl rate of your site by Googlebot.
- enhances the performance of your web server.
- allows your web server to tell Google whether your content has changed since it last crawled your site.
18. If you set the Geographic target of your website as Canada,
- Google will consider your website better optimized to search results when users choose show pages from Canada while using Google search.
- Google will consider your website better optimized to search results in default web search.
- Google will consider your website better optimized to search results for paid search results.
- Google will consider your website better optimized for image search results.
19. Choose the incorrect statement.
- Content Analysis helps to identify potential issues with the content on your site.
- The robots.txt analyzer tool helps you to make sure you are not accidentally blocking Googlebot from crawling your site.
- You must place your Video Sitemap at a publicly accessible URL.
- It is not possible to remove the pages of your website from Google’s search results.
20. The above graphic shows:
- the information about user search queries that have returned pages from your site
- the images from your site not crawled by Google
- the issues encountered by Google while crawling your site
21. You can report about a website to Google which indulges in buying or selling “paid links” through Webmaster Tools.
22. The first page you see on logging into Google Webmaster tools is______.
23. A custom crawl rate set for Google Webmaster Tools is valid for ______.
- 90 days
- 30 days
- 180 days
- 7 days
24. State whether true or false:
The data displayed in Google Webmaster Tools may be different from the data shown by other tools such as Google Analytics.
25. Google recommends adding _______ version of your website to Google Webmaster Tools.
- any one
- only the web
- only the mobile
26. The above error message can be customized by:
- creating a new 404 page and redirecting your custom 404 page to it.
- modifying the sitemap.
- saving a new robots.txt file.
- customizing and adding a 404 widget to your custom 404 page.
27. What is the maximum number of links that should be displayed on a single page according to Google Webmaster guidelines?
- Fewer than 75
- Fewer than 100
- Fewer than 500
- There is no such limit.
28. If you specify your preferred domain as http://www.yoursite.com and Google finds a link to your site that is formatted as
http://yoursite.com, it will be followed as ______.
29. Google Webmaster Tools does not______.
- show which keyword searches drive the most traffic to your website
- allow the submission of a Sitemap
- show funnel visualization
- provide the robots.txt analyzer tool
30. The appearance of which of the following in Google Webmaster Tools could be a sign that your site has been hacked?
- Unexpected Googlebot activity
- Unexpected keywords like “Viagra” in the keywords page
- Unexpected change in the Google crawl rate
- Unexpected pages linking to your website in sitelinks
31. Specialized Google Sitemap formats do not include:
- Video Sitemaps
- Mobile Sitemaps
- News Sitemaps
- Apps Sitemaps
- Geo Sitemaps
32. Moving the slider of the Set Custom crawl rate to a faster pace______
- is recommended only if you are experiencing traffic problems with your server.
- is not possible.
- may increase the Googlebot traffic on your server.
- may reduce the freshness and number of the crawled pages.
33. Google determines the “recommended crawl rate” based on ______.
- the number of pages in your site
- the page rank of your site’s homepage
- the number of links pointing to your website
- the popularity of your website
34. Webmaster Tools helps you see your site:
- the way search engines see it.
- the way Google sees it.
- the way internet users see it.
- the way your Ad viewers see it.
35. Google Webmaster Tools does not:
- help you to see your site the way Google does.
- show which pages on your site get the most links.
- show the number of unique page views during a given time period.
- show who is linking to your site and how.
36. Google Webmaster Tools does not help you to see ______.
- when Googlebot last visited your site
- the URLs which Google could not crawl
- how your site is indexed by Google
- your site’s popularity stats
37. To help Google determine how your site appears in Google’s country-specific search results, you should ______.
- set a preferred domain
- define a geographical target
- define crawl rate
- change image search settings
38. While submitting a Sitemap, if you specify your site location as http://www.yoursite.com/, your URL list:
- should contain the URLs that begin with http://yoursite.com/.
- should not contain the URLs that begin with http://www.yoursite.com/.
- should not contain the URLs that begin with http://yoursite.com/.
39. Setting a geographic target through Google Webmaster Tools:
- will improve your site’s ranking in default search results.
- will not improve your site’s appearance in search results specific for the same geographic area.
- will improve your site’s appearance in search results specific for the same geographical area.
1,438 total views, 5 views today