1. In a joint, the number of rivets required is calculated by using the formula ____________.
- force / bearing strength of rivet
- force – bearing strength of rivet
- force / rivet value
- force – rivet value
2. The volume of a specimen of soil is 20 cubic centimeters and its weight is 50 grams. Calculate the volumetric shrinkage if the volume of dry specimen is 10 cubic centimeters.
3. Which grade of brick can withstand below freezing temperatures in moist climate?
- Grade SW
- Grade MW
- Grade NW
4. Which type of surveying method is used to ascertain the quantities of dredged material?
- Topographic surveying method
- Transit surveying method
- Route surveying method
- Hydrographic surveying method
5. __________ is used/done to check the strength of the concrete by virtue of the sound it makes.
- Le chatelier apparatus
- Compression test
- Shores test
- Vicat apparatus
- Sieve analysis
6. __________ is a line which joins subsidiary stations with the main line.
- Base line
- Power line
- Tie line
- Auxiliary line
7. ____________ when water is added to the cement.
- Heat is absorbed
- Heat is generated
- All impurities are washed out
8. __________ is the portion of a wall which is used to support an arch.
- Foot back
9. The most effective method of curing of concrete is :
- ponding method.
- covering the concrete with moist cloth.
- honey combining method.
- covering the concrete with moist sand.
10. Which type of joint is used to make wooden floors?
- Lap joint
- Tongue & Groove joint
- Dovetail joint
11. ___________ is the branch of hydrology which deals with the moisture content in the soil.
12. The beams which support the stair steps are known as:
13. Which of the following equipments are used for distance measurement.
14. Which form of lime among the following hardens due to the absorption of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere?
- Lump lime
- Quick lime
- Fat lime
- Hydraulic lime
- Hydrated lime
15. Which type of cement among the following is capable of withstanding high temperatures?
- Refractory cement
- Super sulfated cement
- Expanding cement
- Rapid hardening cement
16. The _________ helps in reducing the shrinkage of concrete.
- reduction in temperature
- sand content of the mixture
- water content of the mixture
- cement in the mixture
17. ___________ is the extension of the wall above the roof level.
- Retaining wall
- Post wall
- Chock wall
- Parapet wall
18. The strap efficiency of a reservoir is a function of:
- Reservoir capacity / total inflow
- Reservoir capacity – total inflow
- Reservoir capacity + total inflow
- Total inflow / reservoir capacity
19. In a constant head parameter test of 5 minutes duration, the quantity of water collected is 450 milliliters. Calculate the discharge per unit time.
- 1 milliliter per second
- 2 milliliters per second
- 1.5 milliliters per second
- 2.5 milliliters per second
20. The slenderness ratio of a compression structural member is :
- moment of inertia – actual length
- effective length – least radius of gyration
- effective length / least radius of gyration
- moment of inertia / actual length
21. The re-designing of an RC beam is usually done when its shear stress exceeds _________.
- 10 kilograms per square centimeter
- 20 kilograms per square centimeter
- 30 kilograms per square centimeter
- 40 kilograms per square centimeter
1,754 total views, 3 views today