1. A query that uses the BETWEEN syntax for two numbers is identical to:
- >= and <=
- > and <
- >= and <
- > and <=
- No such synta
2. How can the duplicate data on a report be hidden?
- By Setting the HideDuplicates property to Yes
- By Setting the DuplicateRecords property to No
- By Setting the DuplicateRecords property to No and setting the GrpKeepTogether property to Per Page
- Duplicate Data should be handled at the time of data entry and cannot be controlled while reporting
3. Which of the following is the easiest and fastest method to manipulate records on a subform?
- Using a Recordset Type Property
- Using a RecordSetClone Property
- Using a RecordSelectors Property
- Using a References Property
4. How do you start an Access application so that the user can’t see or use the database container?
- Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and press CTRL+F11 special keys.
- Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and press ALT+F1 special keys.
- Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and turn off special keys to prevent F11.
- Set the Access Option to hide the navigation pane, and press CTRL+G special keys .
5. How is data in a single record kept together on a page (for a report) or on a column (for a form)?
- By setting the KeepTogether property to Yes
- By setting the SinglePagePrint property to Yes
- By setting the DataTogether property to Yes
- This feature is currently not available in Access
6. How do you customize the text on a form or report’s window frame or tab?
- TabIndex Property
- Text Property
- Form Property
- Caption Property
7. What is the function of a Format Painter?
- It copies a Table Design to the buffer for later use
- It copies a control’s format to another control
- It helps to format a report so that it looks tidy and presentable
- It copies a report design to the buffer for later use
8. Under the Advanced options for the Access system, there is an option entitled Open Databases Using Record Level Locking. Which of the following are true when this option is checked?
- Microsoft Access locks the row that is being updated
- Microsoft Access locks the page that is being updated
- Microsoft Access locks the table that is being updated
- Microsoft Access locks the database that is being updated
9. Which of the following is not a section of a report?
- Group Footer
- Report Footer
10. The primary key index does not allow ________ data in a field.
11. What is the file extension of an Access Project?
12. State whether True or False.
When a table from an Access database is exported to another database format, Microsoft Access exports the table data and data definitions, as well as its properties (including constraints, relationships, and indexes).
13. A company has the following departments:
Finance, Accounts, Human Resources, Administration
There is a table named Company having a column named Department, and the above values are stored in that column.
What will be the result of the following query?
Select Department from Company where Department < ‘Finance’
- The query will return “Accounts, Human Resource”
- The query will return “Accounts, Administration ,Human Resource”
- The query will return “Administration”
- Strings cannot be compared using the < operator
- The query will return “Accounts, Administration”
14. If a relationship has the ‘Cascade Update Related Fields’ option on, which of the following is true?
- Data in linked fields cannot be updated.
- When a parent record is updated, all child records in the linked table are updated.
- Null or blank values cannot be entered into the table.
- Data in the linked tables can be updated, but new data cannot be added.
15. Which of the following options most clearly defines the meaning of a bound HTML Control on a Data Access Page?
- A Control that is bound to the HTML code residing online on a Web Server
- A Control that displays information in the HTML code which is later used for publishing data on the internet
- A Control that is bound to the HTML code showcasing the data from a particular field of a table
- A Control that computes user defined expressions and stores the result in a table in the form of the HTML code.
16. In Access 2003, one can control the user access to data, through permissions. The Update data permission allows a user to:
- view and modify but not insert or delete data
- view, modify, insert and delete data
- view, modify and insert but not delete data
- view but not modify, insert or delete data
17. Which of the following is not done when you compact a database?
- Restructuring table records and objects, and then stores them in successive memory blocks.
- Databases linked to the compacted database are compacted and repaired.
- Restores table records into their primary key order, if a primary key exists in the table
- Reduces the physical size of your database by making an exact duplicate of the database.
18. Under the Advanced options in Access 2003, there is a Default Open Mode Group option which includes the options Shared and Exclusive. Which of the following is true when the Shared option is selected?
- All users have the query owner’s permission to view or run the query
- Only the query owner can save changes to the query and other networked users cannot use the open database simultaneously
- It enables other network users to use the open database simultaneously
- Only the query owner can change the ownership of the query
19. Which query will you use to count the number of records in a result set?
- Select count(*) as total from students
- Select count(amount) as total from students
- Select total from students
- Select * from students
20. The Database Splitter is one of the database utilities. Which of the following is true about the Database Splitter?
- This utility splits a Microsoft Access database into three files
- This utility breaks up the information in the tables into a compacted format for faster retrieval
- This utility segregates the tables from the queries, forms, reports, macros, and modules
- All of the above
21. In a report with grouping, how can you display the count of records in each group?
- Add a text box to the group’s Page Footer, and its control source to “=Count(*)”
- Add a text box to the group’s Footer section, and its control source to “=[RecordCount]”
- Add a text box to the group’s Report Footer, and its control source to “=[RecordCount]”
- Add a text box to the group’s Footer section, and its control source to “=Count(*)”
22. Which of these functions determines if a phrase exists in a longer string?
23. What does an Access Data Projects (ADP) offer that an MDB/ACCDB doesn’t?
- It can perform heterogeneous queries across a variety of data sources
- It is tied directly to one SQL Server database and can create and modify SQL Server objects
- It supports temporary tables or links to other data sources beyond the single SQL Server database
24. If a user has a database opened in the Exclusive mode, what will happen if another user attempts to open the same database?
- The second user will receive the ‘Permission denied’ message
- The second user can make changes to the file that has been opened by the first user, and the first user will receive the “File is being modified by another user” message
- The second user receives the ‘File already in use’ message
- Both users will receive the ‘Permission denied’ message
1,382 total views, 5 views today