1. The removal of the copyright tag-line means the work is no longer protected by copyright.
2. What are “Google alerts”?
- A ringtone from Google
- A doorbell as a prize for being a loyal Google customer
- Pinging of your website by Google every time you use Yahoo and MSN instead of using Google
- A system where Google e-mails you the results of your pre-arranged search terms on a regular basis to stir your thoughts about writing blog content
3. Why is it damaging not to have functional links on your website?
- You cannot prevent people from reaching the destination without doing so
- It could damage your brand reputation; people do not want to see a “page not found” result
- A person is less likely to return to your site as a repeat visitor if the links do not work
- b and c
4. Fooling the search engines with link farms, keyword stuffing, cloaking or alt text spamming is not a good idea because _____________________ .
- it is an offence in most countries
- the search engines may restrict your site or future listings, or ban you altogether
- it could reduce the traffic to your blog
- All of the above
5. Can you sell your copyright?
- Yes, by licensing it according to territory and time<
- No, it remains yours always
- Yes, but only in certain places, and for lengths of time up to 140 years after your death
- Yes, so long as someone changes his/her name to your name
6. Blog comments show up in Google searches in addition to the blog posts.
7. How long does an author’s copyright – whether in print or online – last?
- Until he/she dies
- For 5 years after the publication
- For 40 years after he/she dies
- For 70 years after he/she dies
8. Why is it important to make regular postings – if not daily postings – to your blog?
- To encourage a regular readership and return traffic so web robots may be able to see your blog is regularly active
- Not making regular postings can be harmful to your blog
- If you do not, it will be unplugged by the blog service provider
- None of the above
9. If you’re writing an article about the automotive industry, which of the following would be the best way of promoting your article?
- Adding internal links within your blog that cross-reference the article
- Adding highly specific keywords to your pages that reference aspects of the automotive industry
- Contacting other automotive industry blogs and websites offering a link-exchange
- All of the above
10. If you write something libellous in a blog, you can still be sued for defamation despite the apparent freedom of expression on the internet.
11. What does “‘ping’ your blog” mean?
- To abandon it
- To create it from scratch
- To let someone know about it so they can contribute, either with postings or comments
- An alert that notifies the original poster of a post when someone else writes an entry concerning the original post
12. At what point does a work – whether an online blog or in print – come under copyright?
- As soon as it is published
- As soon as the author registers the copyright
- As soon as the author writes “Copyright”and his/her name and date next to it
- As soon as it is created
13. What are the websites “cheathouse.com” and “schoolsucks.com”?
- Sites where teachers can obtain their students’ papers in an educational exchange programme?
- Websites dedicated to stopping plagiarism on the web
- Websites where students can obtain papers to wrongfully use as their own, often for free
- A community of online papers backed by most US and UK school programmes
14. What is a “metablog”?
- A highly personal, if not confessional, blog
- A blog about metal
- A blog devoted to explaining “metas”
- A blog about blogging
15. Why is it sometimes a good idea to create a blog independently with a host other than a free blog hosting service such as the Blogger?
- You can add more intelligent interactivity such as widgets, site design, custom URLs etc
- You can then have two blogs and disconnect your old one
- You will be able to keep the old free service
- You will automatically get more traffic
16. In terms of keywords for promoting a website about global money, which of the following groups would be the best choice?
- Football, shopping, racing, gardening
- 10c, 5c, dollar, 50c, quarter
- The World Bank, the Olympics, the US government, the UEFA Cup
- Dollar, yen, pound sterling, exchange rate
17. What is “podcasting”?
- Making the entire blog available in a single downloadable file
- Redirecting traffic through a portal hidden on the blog called a “pod”
- Distribution of audio and other media files for download to digital music or multimedia players such as iPods
- Mass e-mailing for marketing purposes to promote several blogs at the same time
2,402 total views, 4 views today