1. What does proximity refer to in the design theory?
- It is a way to draw the viewer’s attention
- It is the strongest location for creating emphasis
- It is a way to make a group of objects feel like a single unit
- None of the above
2. Which of these is an advantage of liquid-width layout?
- The designer has more control over how an image floated within the content will look
- This layout allows planned whitespace
- This layout adapts to most screen resolutions and devices
- The readability of narrow text blocks improves
3. Which font should be used for illustrations and art work that is to be incorporated into the design of a website?
- Dingbat font
- Novelty fonts
- Serif fonts
- Transitional Serif fonts
4. Which is the type of symmetry which is applied to web site layouts by centering the content or balancing in between columns?
- Horizontal symmetry
- Vertical symmetry
- Bilateral symmetry
- Radial symmetry
5. By which ‘magical number’ should a line’s length be divided so that it can be bisected using the golden ratio?
6. By combining black with which color can a design get a technical feel?
7. Which of these is a method to create ’emphasis’ in a design?
8. Didot is a ________ serif font.
9. Which of these does not fall in the category of ‘warm colors’?
10. What is the ‘core purpose’ of web designing?
11. State whether True or False.
Complementary color schemes consist of colors that are located opposite each other on the color wheel.
12. What is the bowl of a letter?
- It is the rounded curve that encloses negative space in a letter form
- It is the name given to the dot above the lower case
- It is the horizontal line that marks the top edge of the lower case letters
13. State whether True or False.
The lesser the difference between a graphic element and its surroundings, the more that element will stand out.
14. The ____ is the end of the content that users can see on a page before they scroll down.
15. What is the term given to the process of cropping, resizing and modifying the pictures found while searching with search engines and using them for one’s own site?
- Creative Cropping
- Google Ganking
- Edge Treatments
16. ________is a principle of design that has to do with the differences in the scale of objects.
17. Which of these is not a kind of freeform shape?
- Random angles
- Non-geometric curves
- Irregular lines
18. What is a split-complementary color scheme?
- It is a color scheme that combines any complementary color scheme with another complementary color scheme
- It is a color scheme that uses the two colors adjacent to the base color’s complement
- It is a color scheme that uses colors that are adjacent to one another on the color wheel
- It is a color scheme that uses colors that are located opposite each other on the color wheel
19. Most font families include the regular font face along with italic, bold and ________ variants.
- bold italic
- HTML text
- modern serif
20. _______ is anything that gives a distinctive appearance to the surface of a design.
- A pixel
21. What is an analogous color scheme?
- It is a color scheme that consists of a single base color and any number of shades or tints of that color
- It is a color scheme that consists of colors that are located opposite each other on the color wheel
- It is a color scheme that consists of two colors which are adjacent to the base color’s complement
- It is a color scheme that consists of colors that are adjacent to one another on the color wheel
22. Which of these color mixtures creates the color vermilion?
23. In print design language, the vertical space between the lines of the text is known as ____________.
24. For which purpose has the JPEG format been developed?
- It has been developed to store photographic images
- It has been developed to store printed images
- It has been developed to store Graphics Interchange Format
- It has been developed to store the eight bit format
25. _______ and _________ are the most important visual cues we can use to determine or create depth and volume in compositions.
- Light, shadow
- Proportion, perspective
- Width, height
26. What does the ‘brightness’ of an image refer to?
- It refers to the overall amount of light or darkness in the image
- It refers to the difference between the light and the dark areas of the image
- It refers to the overall color of the image
- It refers to the saturation of the color appearance in the images
27. _____________ is the process of adjusting the space between individual letters.
28. Which of these is not a possible value for background-repeat?
29. What is the ‘rule of thirds’?
- A symmetrical balance when one third of the elements of a composition are the same on either side of an axis line
- A line bisected by the golden ratio and divided into two sections, one of which is approximately twice the size of the other
- A line bisected by the golden ratio by dividing its length by three
- A layout divided into three equal parts
30. What does the saturation of a color mean?
- The measure of the lightness or darkness of a color
- The basic formulae for creating harmonious and effective color combinations
- The saturation of a color is determined by a combination of light intensity and how much it is distributed across the spectrum of different wavelengths.
- The use of a color with black, white and shades of grey
31. In photoshop adjustments, the Hue color affects the overall _________ of the image.
- layer style
32. What does SIFR stand for?
- Scalable Inman Flash Replacement
- Scalable Inman Flash Recalling
- Scalable Inman Flash Repayment
33. Which one of the following fonts does not come under ‘the safe list’?
- Arial Black
- All of the above are safe.
34. What is a comprehensive dummy?
- It is a complete simulation of a printed layout that is created before the layout goes to the press
- It is a method of packing data in order to save disk storage space or download time
- It is a standard term for a banner advertisement
- It is a feature of HTML
35. Which of the following is one of the ways to avoid pixelation of an image to be published on the web?
- Enhance the Hue Saturation
- Increase the dpi of the image
- Despeckle the image
- Flatten the image
36. State whether True or False.
The lower angled strokes in the letters “K”, “R” and “Q” are known as legs.
37. State whether True or False.
Colors are displayed in percentages of red, green, and blue light in an additive color model.
38. Which of these adds richness and visual interest to all types of design?
- Economy of line
39. A /An________ color scheme consists of a single base color and any number of tints or shades of that color.
- split complementary
40. What is the imaginary horizontal line on which most of the characters sit called?
- Cap height
41. State whether True or False.
A focal point is the point where the different elements of a composition interact with one another.
42. Any area of a page that is not covered by type or illustrations is known as _____.
- blank space
- white space
- black space
- negative space
43. Which kind of font do ‘Wingdings’ and ‘Webdings’ fall under?
- Novelty font
- Dingbat font
- Fixed-width fonts
- Sans – Serif fonts
44. ___________ is an eight bit format that compresses files on the basis of the number of colors in the image.
45. What does the term ‘typo’ stand for?
- Impression or mark
- Writing mistakes
46. State whether True or False.
CSS borders provide myriad of possible effects that do not rely on extra images.
47. Which is the most common and expressive element of a graphic design?
48. What is typography?
- It is the resetting of words, sentences and paragraphs in different fonts.
- It is the arrangement of familiar sets of shapes to make words, sentences, and paragraphs
- It is the implementation of new types of scripts
49. The curved angle that connects the terminal of the stroke to the serif is known as a___________.
- modern serif
3,190 total views, 1 views today